We live in an increasingly technological age where children need to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to prepare them for life in the 21st century. Through high quality teaching and learning of D.T we aim to:
- To provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for D.T for all children.
- To encourage children to work collaboratively to reach an end goal.
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum programmes of study for D.T.
- To understand the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet.
- To understand the importance of food safety, hygiene and the correct preparation of food.
- Use D.T to teach the children to reflect upon their work and the work of others and provide positive feedback for the future.
- To understand ways in which design technology can improve the quality of life.
- To respond to new developments in technology.
- To equip pupils with the skills to design and create, through a hands on approach.
- To develop the understanding of how to use D.T equipment safely and responsibly.